ISTE STUDENT AWARDS
ISTE is unique in the fact that among the Professional Societies in India, it is only the ISTE that gives every year a number of National and Regional Student Awards to encourage innovation and excellence among teachers and students. All these awards were instituted by various organisations.
Nominations are invited from the ISTE student members of all government, aided and unaided institutions for the varies ISTE Student Awards 2021. The details and forms are available in the website www.isteonline.in. Therefore, all Head of the institutions/ Chapter Chairmen/Faculty Advisors are requested to kindly advise the students of the ISTE Students Chapters to visit the website, read the instructions carefully and send their nomination to ISTE, New Delhi before the last date. The awards will be given to the winners during the Award distribution function.
A. NATIONAL AWARDS
1. Kerala Government Engineering Design National Award instituted by the Government of Kerala to promote and encourage creativity, innovation and design talents in engineering degree students.
Eligibility: Any student in engineering or technology who is studying in an institution during this year or who is completing the degree course at any time during this year is eligible to compete for the award. Only FIRST DEGREE (no post graduate) students are eligible. Try individually or in groups of TWO only.
Award Details: Cash Prize (Rs.3000/- for First, Rs.2000/- for Second and Rs.1500/- for Third), a Medallion and Certificates to winners and also to all participants.
2. NIT, Kozhikode National Award for the Best B.Tech. Project from Engineering Colleges instituted by National Institute of Technology, Kozhikode to promote research in the areas of :
– Civil & Architecture Engineering
– Mechanical & Production Engineering
– Electrical & Electronics Engineering
– Computer & Communication Engineering
Eligibility: Students undergoing under-graduate programmes leading to B.E./B.Tech. degree in any Engineering Institution in India including the IITs, NITs, State Level Engineering Colleges, University Colleges and Engineering Dept. of Universities.
Award Details : Cash Prize Rs.2000/- each for the above four disciplines, Medallion and Certificates.
3. Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College National Award for the Best B.Tech. Project related to Sustainable Development from Engineering Colleges to promote research in sustainable development in the area of :
– Civil Engineering & Architecture
– Mechanical Engineering & Production Engineering
– Electrical Engineering & Electronics
– Computers & Communication Engineering
– Information Technology & Management
– Agricultural Engineering
Eligibility : Final year students undergoing under-graduate programmes leading to B.E./B.Tech. Degree in any engineering institution in any of the above discipline in India including the IITs, NITs, State Level Engineering Colleges, University
Award Details: Cash Prize Rs.2000/- each for the above six disciplines, Medallion and Certificates.
B. REGIONAL AWARDS
1. Devinder Singh Bansal Memorial Award for Best B.Tech. Project in Mechanical Engineering and Allied Branches a State Level Award in the area of Mechanical Engineering and Allied Branches (it includes Mechanical Engg., Production Engg., Automobile Engg., Industrial Engg., Agricultural Engg. and Farm Machinery)
Eligibility : Students undergoing under-graduate programmes leading to B.E./B.Tech. Degree in Mechanical Engineering and Allied Branches in any Engineering College in Punjab. The Award consists of a Cash Prize of Rs.7000, a Medallion, and a Citation.
2. ISTE-NARSEE MONJEE Award for Best Project work done by Polytechnic Students in Maharashtra State instituted by The Narsee-Monjee Educational Trust, Mumbai for Final Year students of Polytechnics for their Project Work.
Eligibility : Final Year Diploma students in Maharashtra State graduating in B.T.E. approved Diploma Courses in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/ Pharmacy can apply through their Polytechnics.
Both Group Projects and Individual Projects will be acceptable. However, the Group size should not exceed 4 STUDENTS.
Selection of Award : A Panel of Judges consisting of representatives of DTE, ISTE and Narsee-Monjee Trust will select the First Best, Second Best and Third Best Projects. Award Details : Cash Prize (Rs.2500/- for First, Rs.1500/- for Second and Rs.1000/- for Third), a Medallion and a Certificate.
Interested students write a good report of their project work, recommended through Head of the institution and submit ONE COPY to :
The Vice Chancellor
Narsee-Monjee Institute of Management & Higher Studies
(Deemed University), Vile Parle (West), Mumbai – 400 056, Maharashtra
3. Maharashtra State Engineering Design Award for Engineering Students (Degree Level) instituted by the Government of Maharashtra to promote and encourage creativity, innovation and design talents in engineering degree students.
Eligibility: Any student in engineering or technology who is studying in an institution in Maharashtra State during this year or who is completing the degree course at any time during this year is eligible to compete for the award. Only FIRST DEGREE (no post graduate) students are eligible. Try individually or in group of TWO only.
Award Details: Cash Prize (Rs.3000/- for First, Rs.2000/- for Second) a Medallion and Certificates to winners. In case two students work on a project and get the award, the cash prize will be shared between the two, certificates will be given to both, but the medallion will be given to the leader of the group only.
4. Punjab Technical University Award for Young Engineer Innovators for the Best B.Tech. Projects by the students of Engineering Colleges affiliated to Punjab Technical University in the Punjab State in the following disciplines:
– Civil Engineering & Architecture
– Mechanical, Production Engineering, Industrial Engineering and Automobiles etc.
– Electrical Engineering & Electronics Engineering
– Computers and Communication Engineering & Information Technology
– Chemical Engineering, Bio-Technology & Food Technology etc.
Eligibility: Final year students of the above branches undergoing under-graduate programmes leading to B.E./B.Tech. Degree in the institution affiliated to Punjab Technical University including the NITs, University-Colleges, Engineering Depts., Engineering & Technology Colleges etc. Award Details: Cash Prize, Medallion and a Citation.
All the nominations except Narsee-Monjee should reach ISTE Hqrs., New Delhi on 30-06-2022 to the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Indian Society for Technical Education
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg
Near Katwaria Sarai, New Delhi – 110 016
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.isteonline.in