Indian Society for Technical Education
The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) is the leading National Professional non-profit making Society for the Technical Education System in our country with the motto of Career Development of Teachers and Personality Development of Students and overall development of our Technical Education System. Being the only national organisation of educators in the field of Engineering and Technology, ISTE effectively contributes in various missions of the Union Government. The strength of ISTE is the strong base it has in technical education institutions in the country.
ISTE has an Executive Council at National level. It has active membership of more than 128500 technical teachers, 535000 student members, more than 2740 institutional members (including IITs, IISc., NITs and other leading technical institutions), 1414 faculty chapters and 1505 students’ chapters at National level and 19 Sections at State Level .
The major objective of the ISTE is to provide quality training programmes to teachers and administrators of technical institutions to update their knowledge and skills in their fields of activity and to assist and contribute in the production and development of top quality professional engineers and technicians needed by the industry and other organisations.
It organizes an annual convention for faculty and students separately every year where a large number of technocrats, technical teachers, policy makers, experts from the industry etc. participate and interact. Every year a National Seminar with a specific theme with respect to the latest development in the field of Science and Technology and societal problems is being arranged during the Annual convention and leading luminaries of technical education are invited to deliver special lectures and delegates will present research papers. ISTE is actively involved in many activities conducted by All India Council for Technical Education New Delhi (AICTE) and National Board of Accreditation New Delhi (NBA). Recently ISTE was partner to AICTE and NBA in the conduct of Second Chhatra Vishwakarma Award and WOSA 2018 respectively.
ISTE is having collaboration and MoUs with government organsations and various Universities for the promotion of technical education system in the country.
- Premier National Society for Teachers and Students of the Technical Education System with more than 102985 teacher and 5.5 lakh student members, 2410 Institutional Members, 1214 Faculty Chapters and 1322 Student Chapters
- Strategic partner of AICTE.
- Professional Refinement Programmes for faculty members of AICTE approved Technical Institutions sponsored by AICTE.
- Premier Agency operating MHRD, AICTE, MIT and International Projects.
- Reputed source for Information Dissemination through publications, seminars, workshops in Technical Education.
- Major Consultant for Educational Management, Institution Building, Career and Personality development of teachers and students respectively.
- Professional Society giving over more than 70 National and Regional Awards to Institutions, Teachers and Students for innovation and excellence in various areas of Engineering and Technology.
- Organisation having meaningful interaction among technical institutions of Degree/Diploma levels all over the Country.
- Preparation and Publication of Learning Materials and CDs in Electronics and Computers for Degree/Diploma Level Students.
- Learning Project for Working Professionals.
- ISTE-Srinivasa Ramanujan Mathematical Competitions
- ISTE-SRM Short-Term Training Programmes
- ISTE-PTU Faculty Development Programmes
ISTE GUJARAT SECTION
The first managing committee of the ISTE Gujarat Section was established on 30th September, 1989 when Prof H V Bhavnani was nominated as the Chairman of ISTE Gujarat Section by the executive council of ISTE, Delhi. The Chairman, Gujarat Section nominated Prof J T Patel as Honorary Secretary-cum-Treasurer and Prof V M Panchal as a member of the Section Managing Committee. The section was created to concentrate on the development of activities for the growth of technical education at the state level. The Gujarat section has there after kept a pace forward with continuous growth and development till today. It has now a remarkable strength of 6500 of life members, more than 30000 student members and 132 (89 Degree & 43 Diploma Institutes) institutional members. There are 70 ISTE chapters and equal number of student chapters at the section (Ref. Annual Report of ISTE, 2015). ISTE Gujarat Section has its Head Quarters near Polytechnic in the premises of The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda near Tarabag Colony, Pandya Bridge, Nizampura, Vadodara, w.e.f. 10th September, 2000.