Guidelines for Technical Paper Presentation at RUCTD2018
Full-length camera-ready papers must be uploaded along with completion of registration and payment of appropriate charges.
Lectern (Oral) Presentation
- Each presenter will get 12 minutes for the Presentation followed by 3 minutes for questions and answers. Prepare the presentation to fit the time frame and practice beforehand so that you do not run out of time. The session chair will moderate the session and follow his/her instructions.
- Windows machine with Microsoft PowerPoint will be available in the session room.
- The slides should not be complex or over-crowded. For 12 minutes presentation, 12-15 slides may be adequate.
- Use standard fonts (such as New Times Roman, Arial, etc.) for preparing your presentation with suitable font size, colour and contrast to make it readable from back of the room.
- Keep your presentation file name as your full paper id used in easychair (paperID.pptx, like 444.pptx).
- All the RUCTD session rooms will be equipped with an LCD projector, screen, laptop computer (windows) and microphones.
- We advise you to visit the presentation room half an hour before to load and check the presentation.
- Further, as a backup, please bring your presentation in power point as well as a pdf version for RUCTD session in a Windows readable USB Flash Drive.
- Each presenter of the paper must bring a printed poster. On-site printing service is NOT available.
- Poster session is of one-hour duration.
- The space available for poster presentation is 2 ft (horizontal) and 3 ft (vertical). A poster of A1 size in portrait mode can easily fit. Cello-tape or pins will be provided to paste the poster.
- We advise you to make a simple and good design of the poster. Several templates are available online. For instance, https://www.posterpresentations.com/ provides some templates. Please ensure that the posters are A1 size in portrait (i.e. width less than 2 feet and depth less than 3 feet) or smaller.
- Presenters are responsible for promptly removing the poster at the end of the session or they will be trashed.